Åse Gornitzka is Vice Rector and Professor at the Department of Political Science at University of Oslo. She is also affiliated Research Professor at Arena - Centre for European Studies, University of Oslo as well as Adjunct Professor, Department of Administration and Organization Theory, University of Bergen and co-editor in Chief of Scandinavian Political Studies. She has a doctoral degree from the Faculty of Public Administration, University of Twente, the Netherlands.
- Public policy and public administration
- Organisation theory and institutional theory
- EU governance and decision making, multilevel administration
- Public reforms and organisational change
- Informational foundations of public policy
- Knowledge policy
- European Flagship Universities (FLAGSHIP)
- Integration and division: Towards a segmented Europe? (EuroDiv)
- Research and Expertise in Society
- Gornitzka, Åse & Sverdrup, Ulf (2015). Societal Inclusion in Expert Venues: Participation of Interest Groups and Business in the European Commission Expert Groups. Politics and Governance. ISSN 2183-2463. 3(1) doi: 10.17645/pag.v3i1.130
- Gornitzka, Åse & Sverdrup, Ulf (2015). The Expert-Executive Nexus in the European Administrative System: Expert Groups and the European Commission, In Michael W. Bauer & Jarle Trondal (ed.), The Palgrave Handbook of the European Administrative System. Palgrave Macmillan. ISBN 978-1-137-33988-1. Chapter 23. s 401 - 418
- Holst, Cathrine & Gornitzka, Åse (2015). The Expert-Executive Nexus in the EU: An Introduction. Politics and Governance. ISSN 2183-2463. 3(1)
- Papadimitriou, Antigoni; Gornitzka, Åse & Stensaker, Bjørn (2015). Designed diffusion? The impact of an EU instrument for public management reform in the Western Balkans. Journal of European Integration. ISSN 0703-6337. 37(6), s 629- 647. doi: 10.1080/07036337.2015.1046857
- Christensen, Tom; Gornitzka, Åse & Maassen, Peter (2014). Global Pressures and National Cultures: A Nordic University Template?, In Paola Mattei (ed.), University Adaptation in Difficult Economic Times. Oxford University Press. ISBN 978-0-19-998939-3. Kapittel 3. s 30 - 51
- Egeberg, Morten; Gornitzka, Åse & Trondal, Jarle (2014). A Not So Technocratic Executive? Everyday Interaction between the European Parliament and the Commission. West European Politics. ISSN 0140-2382. 37(1), s 1- 18 . doi: 10.1080/01402382.2013.832952
- Egeberg, Morten; Gornitzka, Åse & Trondal, Jarle (2014). People who run the European Parliament: Staff demography and its implications. Journal of European Integration. ISSN 0703-6337. 36(7), s 659- 676
- Chou, Meng-Hsuan & Gornitzka, Åse (eds.), Building the Knowledge Economy in Europe: New Constellations in European Research and Higher Education Governance. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gornitzka, Åse (2014). How Strong are the European Union's Soft Modes of Governance? The Use of Open Method Coordination in National Policy-making in the Knowledge Policy Domain, In Meng-Hsuan Chou & Åse Gornitzka (ed.), Pp. 160 - 187
- Gornitzka, Åse & Stensaker, Bjørn (2014). The Dynamics of European Regulatory Regimes in Higher Education: Challenged Prerogatives and Evolutionary Change. Policy & Society: Journal of public, foreign and global policy. 33(3): 177- 188.
- Egeberg, Morten; Gornitzka, Åse; Trondal, Jarle & Johannessen, Mathias (2013). Parliament staff: unpacking the behaviour of officials in the European Parliament. Journal of European Public Policy. 20(4): 495- 514
- Gornitzka, Åse (2013). Channel, Filter or Buffer? National Policy Responses to Global Rankings, In Tero Erkkilä (ed.), Global university rankings: Challenges for European higher education. Palgrave Macmillan. Pp. 75 – 91
- Berg, Lisbet & Gornitzka, Åse (2012). The consumer attention deficit syndrome: Consumer choices in complex markets. Acta Sociologica. 55(2): 159- 178
- Gornitzka, Åse & Sverdrup, Ulf (2011). Access of Experts: Information and EU Decision-making. West European Politics. 34(1), s 48-70.