PhD Workshop 2018
The 16th SCANCOR PhD Workshop on Institutional Analysis, Copenhagen Business School (Denmark), September 3-7, 2018
A unique learning opportunity in wonderful Copenhagen! Join us for a one-week intense PhD workshop on institutional analysis.
At the 16th Scancor PhD workshop on Institutional Analysis international faculty will present current research, review recent papers, and discuss new methodological tools that deepen the institutional agenda. Special attention is given to institutional emergence, persistence, and transformation. We also emphasize methods of comparative, archival, network, and visual analysis. Finally, we tackle issues involving contestation and strife around institutions and organizations.
Students will take away new insights and measures, and a deeper understanding of how to match conceptual questions with research methods. The workshop will prepare PhD students to carry out their own individual research using the methods of institutional analysis. Previous workshops were hosted at Stanford University, CBS, Aalto University, IESE Barcelona, University of Mannheim, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, EMLYON Business School, Stockholm School of Economics, and WU Vienna
The workshop is one of the activities marking the 30th anniversary of SCANCOR.
In addition to public morning lectures, afternoon workshop sessions for PhD students are devoted to discussing both classic and contemporary theoretical developments within institutional theory. Hence, the workshop consists of two parts each day (Mon-Fri):
- In public morning lectures international faculty will present and discuss research within the field of institutional theory. The lectures in the morning are open to the public and guests are highly welcome. Interested guests are kindly asked to register (see link below).
- Afternoon workshop sessions with international faculty are limited to PhD students who successfully apply to the workshop. Admitted PhD students do not have to register separately for the public morning lectures, as they will attend both parts of the workshop and will receive the corresponding course credits.
Teaching Faculty And Public Lectures
• Woody Powell, Sarah Soule and Patricia Bromley, Stanford University
• Bruce Carruthers, Northwestern University
•Grégoire Croidieu, Grenoble Ecole de Management
• Daniel Beunza, Eva Boxenbaum and Jesper Strandgaard, Copenhagen Business School
• Renate Meyer and Silviya Svejenova, Copenhagen Business School & WU Vienna
More information about applying can be found here:
The application form can be found here:
Registration for Public Morning Lectures:
(link to follow shortly):